Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Addition to the Backyard

Happy Sunday to you!  We had a fun weekend, we went and visited our friends over near Chicago on Saturday to see their new house (very nice, by the way!), went to the zoo this morning, and then worked in our (small) backyard and finally did a bit of landscaping!  

The funniest thing happened while we were at dinner on Saturday with Andrew and Brittiney, Milo wanted the lemon out of my tea and he ate the WHOLE THING, PEEL AND ALL!!!  None of us could believe it, but Milo didn't bat an eye, he loved it, and proceeded to eat Jesse's lemon, too!  

Here is the before picture of the big tree in our backyard:
And here is the after picture...Thanks to my mom for sharing her hostas with me!  We couldn't get grass to grow in this spot for the last three years, so it was time to do something with the area.  Just image the area right in front of the blocks with grass growing flush to them!!!
After Milo's hard work helping us plant the hostas, he had to mow the yard.  
Don't you love how dirty his face got?  Like I always say, the dirtier you are, the more fun you had!
On to other things....my official brownie batter taster.  I think he liked it!
Milo loves his new sandals so much that he woke up one morning and wanted them on OVER his sleeper!  When I grabbed the camera, he didn't want his picture taken, so that's why it's from his neck-down!  
The ONLY reason I took this picture is because as he was eating his waffle he told me wanted a glass of milk.  I poured the milk for him and he took the cup and dumped it onto his plate!  I just stood there with my mouth hanging open and watched him eat all of the waffle.  Disgusting, but he liked it.  Maybe next time he would like a side of lemon with it.  ;)
These are the chairs that I bought for Milo at Ikea.  They were stacked and he put them next to his table and was just chillin'. 
I also found us a new coffee table while we were at Ikea!  It was about time, our old one I'd bought 10 years ago and it had a mirrored top.  Over the years it developed a crack through it and had been covered with a cut-up sarong that was glued on the top.  Oh yeah, and the bottom was an awesome black paint with gold trim.  Think it was time for a new one?  Buttercup loves the new table, it has a shelf underneath and she sleeps under the shelf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment