Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strawberry picking and Hunter's birthday cake

What a fun weekend we had! We went and picked strawberries this morning, and have I mentioned that they are Milo's favorite fruit!?!? He ate as many strawberries as he picked! This is where he is DEFINITELY my child! Jesse took some cute pictures. The funniest thing is that Milo would pick them off the plant and eat them, stem and all! In the beginning he would hand them to me or Jesse and say, "more" and we would remove the stem. After a while, he didn't care!


Actually handing me one to put in the basket....
Saturday Jesse worked on the boat, so Milo and I went to Hunter's 5th birthday party. As you know, I make cakes for fun and Milo certainly knows a cake and frosting when he sees one. Once Hunter's cake (a pirate ship, which looked great!) was out for cutting, Milo sat down right in front of it, showed me one finger, and started shaking his head "yes" and saying, "mmhh uhh" (for uh huh), which means he wanted to run a finger through the icing to eat it. I told him no and we ate our own piece of cake and ice cream. Well, once the cake was cut, it was moved to a different little table. Milo walked over to it and did the same thing. I told him no. So he went and got a little chair and sat down in front of the cake, saying the same thing! I told him no, once more, and Megan told me that she didn't care, he could have some. So here's the progression....

Grinning because I can have some of the blue icing.....
Running my finger through the icing......
I just licked the icing off my finger....mmmmm......
Milo cracked me and Megan up doing this! He didn't even pay attention to Hunter opening his presents!

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment