Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby it's COLD outside!

Geez, is it cold outside! Obviously we were with the majority of the country that got hit with the Blizzard of 2011. We didn't get as much snow as other people in our community, but Jesse said that when he shoveled it was a layer of light snow, heavy snow, then light snow, so it wasn't the easiest to move. It is quite "fun" to see all of the huge snow piles at corners!

Lena learned to roll from her back to her front last week and once she realizes she can barrel roll, we're in trouble! She no longer goes belly to back while she's awake, but she'll do it in her sleep, which I think is hilarious. Milo didn't roll from back to front until he was 7 months old, so Jesse and I were very surprised when Lena did it at 3.5 months.

I thought Lena would still want to sleep in the wedges at night to keep her on her side, but that lasted 1.5 nights until she was making some noise and I checked on her. She had managed to still get on her belly in the wedges, so out them came!

Lena's first nap on her belly in her crib. She napped for 2.5 hours this day, when she usually naps for 30 minutes! When she was "learning" to fall asleep on her belly I had to let her cry it out, which we've never needed to do with her! She was so mad/excited that she was on her belly that she refused to put her head down and relax. Now, the ONE time that she cried it out, it only took 2-3 minutes and she was out. I found it quite amusing, since she usually either just falls asleep or only fusses for a few minutes, rarely does she scream!

Just a cute picture of Lena in the hat that Great Aunt Linda got her! It was huge on her when she got it and now it's almost too small! It's so cute, though!

Milo wanted to hold Lena the other morning so I whipped out the camera and took some cute shots. Then yesterday he cuddled up next to me and Lena while I was feeding her and said, "Lena loves me and I love her." LOVE IT!!! He's such a good big brother!

The last thing is that little Lena is allergic to amoxicillan...yeah...She was on it for her ear infection two weeks ago and got a rash one day after finishing her medicine. It went away, didn't bother her at all and then showed up again Wednesday. Thursday morning after she woke up I was changing her and the rash was in the same place, just bright red. I took her in and they said it's the allergic reaction and dry skin. We now get the joy of buying new baby body wash and putting mineral oil on her instead of lotion (for the dry skin). Oh yeah, and my little chunk-a-wunka is now 14 lbs 11 oz! She's gained a pound in less than a month!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment